Wednesday, August 08, 2007

MEGA CATCH-UP

The past few weeks has been like a whirlwind ... between trivia night's, sickness, organising a new office ... add the normal daily & weekly routines of work, school, housework, sport etc ... phew!

This will be a mega catch-up post ... so here goes:




I have finally got my butt into gear and re-charged the camera batteries so i could download the photos i took whilst we were at Numbucca a few weeks ago.

Such a beautiful place ... I love the Nth Coast ... perhaps our grass roots stay with us; as we orginally came from Urunga (near Coffs Harbour).

I got up early to use the bathroom and peeked out the front door of our cabin to check on the weather outlook for the day ... and what was right out my front door ... this beautiful sunrise over the waterfront!

Must have looked a real sight in my PJ's out with the camera at the 'crack of dawn' but didn't want to miss a photo opportunity ... perhaps we need a sign "scrapbooker" to pop on our foreheads at times like these so people understand our bizarre behaviour when armed with a camera! LOL!

Later we had morning tea and i took these pics of my mum, dad & my boy (Blake).




On a different note ... our family has been sick, sick, sick with that rotten flu like virus that is spreading around at the moment. I was home sick a few days last week (felt like i could have easily stayed in bed for a week but too much happening at work to be away for a length of time). I think i slept more in three days than i had in the past three weeks. Feeling quite fine now but just have an annoying cough that won't seem to budge :(
Unfortunately my dad and my little man are now suffering the same fate . Blake has been home from school this week! Lots of love, attention & tissues and hopefully they'll be back on track in no time. I was talking to Blake's teacher yesterday and apparantly there are lots of children away from school at the moment ... every 2nd person i talk to is sick or has already had a turn.
To all those out there feeling under the weather ... Get Well Soon!

In amongst all the chaos over the last week or two i have found time to do a little scrapbooking ... have to find time for scrapbooking as it keeps me sane!!
I have almost finished an album (Maya Road chipboard album)for our cruise photos/memories and hope to share in the next day or so.

On an even better note ... just 10 more sleeps 'til the SCRAPBOOKnBITS weekend retreat. Really looking forward to a weekend away and lots of scrapbooking, doing some projects with Jen Hall & Kim Archer, and meeting some people IRL that chat on the forum.

I am also counting down the weeks 'til we go to the Snow! It should be a great year with the fantastic snow fall they have had to date. A few weeks ago i picked up my new ski boots ... yep, my very own custom moulded ski boots ... no more sore feet or ill-fitting hire boots!
There are 26 of us going this year ... fun, fun, fun!

Well, i've run out of steam ... this might do for now but i promise i will try really hard to come back and post in the next day or so!

Keep smiling,
JULIE x

1 comment:

Leeanne O'C said...

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear that you've all been sick with the Flu. There is so much of it going around its been a bad winter for it.

Cheers
Leeanne x

GO TO SCRAPBOOK BLOSSOMS