Monday, April 30, 2007

KIWI SCRAPS

** WARNING .... Marathon Post & Pics Ahead **

WOW!! What a weekend!

I am totally exhausted (but it is all good exhaustion) LOL!

KiwiScraps was fantastic ... The accommodation & brekkies were A+ ... but most of all, the tutors were totally awesome!! A group of totally talented, friendly, beautiful, fun ladies ...

here are some of them:




My head is spinning full of inspiration and ideas ... so here goes ... i'll share some snippets of our weekend and some of the projects ... will try not to bore you.

Friday we left a little later than planned, got a little bit lost (just a teeny tiny bit) and i missed my first class ... OOPS!

No need to panic ... Rhonda (from Kiwiscraps) is the most patient "happy to help' kind person and had things re-arranged in a jiffy to slot me into the Saturday workshop so i didn't miss out.

My second Friday class (which became my first class) was with RHONNA FARRER (USA) ... one gorgeous little lady with the hugest brightest bubbliest personality and loads of talent .... here is my completed project




Friday night we drove into Brighton Le Sands and found a groovy little pizza/pasta place "The Jail House Rock Pizzeria" which was totally Elvis themed ... yummy scrummy pizza and a photo with 'The King'to finish off the night ... LOL!!




Saturday was packed with scrapping & projects galore ... i learnt to speed type many years ago ... now i have learned to speed scrap!! LOL!

Some more projects to share:


This is part of a project not yet complete but still pretty cute heh!



Another project to complete in my own time but check the groovy paper flower thingy we learnt to make with the gorgeous giant button (which i was half tempted to save for one of my winter cardigans instead!!). The "purple onion' calendar stamp you can see in this photo was one of the prizes i was lucky enought to win in this class ... Woohoo!!



This LO workshop was so out of my comfort zone and usual style and was awewome. I will definately be inclined to experiment more with fabric and more dimensional elements in my scrapbooking now.

I totally love this flower (mounted on the HS flower) which was made from lace and sewing pattern papers ... gorgeous!!



And last but certainly not least ... i think this would almost rate as my favourite for the weekend. Not becaused of what it is but because i have never used felt because i didn't think it was my thing, have never done stitching (whether it be for embroidery type things or scrapbooking) and really didn't think i was interested in this stuff ...

Well ... i will have you know that I (yes, ME) cut out, stitched and created everything you see on this gorgeous little project (even freehand little felt flowers).



This is a 'Forget Me Knot' pouch you keep in your handbag and has little envelopes in it to keep note birthdays, events, phone numbers, invitations, receipts, etc etc. I can't wait to use felt and stitching on other projects now and i guess that pretty well sums up the whole "Freestyle" theme for the weekend, it was very much about learning to 'think outside the square'.

Anyway, if you are still awake and still reading this, thank you for being interested in my awesome weekend. I look forward to attending more wonderful events like this and hopefully meeting lots of other scrapbooking and blogger friends!

Have a great week,

JULIE x

6 comments:

Jane said...

WOW Julie it sounds like you had so much fun and got to do so many cool things. Can't wait till I can go to one!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!!! LOVE all your projects from the weekend....love your KS run down too...hope you don't mind me popping in to say g'day

JULIEx

Cherie said...

Wow Julie I am so jealous.......all the things you did are FANTASTIC, it sounds like you had a super time......
Thanks for sharing

Cherie xx

Kelley said...

Wow - those projects look awesome!! Great pics too!! Im so wish i could have gone too!! Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!

Chrissy said...

Hi there Julie! Just thought I'd say a little hi.
Blog hopped here from your comment on my dear friend Tracey's blog and noticed you've just been to kiwiscraps too! Wasn't it awesome?!! :-) I see we did some of the same classes, I so loved them all, especially Tia's gorgeous creations and well done to you for finishing some of these already! Mine will take a little while longer! LOL

Take care!
Chrissy x

Louise said...

OMG how Brilliant!! {so so jelaous-lol].
Your creations are just FAB WTG!!!!

Cheers Louise :)

GO TO SCRAPBOOK BLOSSOMS