Saturday, January 27, 2007

MORE SCRAPBOOKING


Hubby is on dogwatch this weekend and i feel like I am having my own little scrapbooking camp!
I sat until the wee hours of this morning and "scrapped" .... haven't done that in a loooong time.
I'll share my creations with you over the weekend.
One of the LO's i finished was my entry for the "first" theme competition at SCRAPBOOK'n'BITS .
Ironically this LO has two 'first' themes for me ...
1. Obviously this is my son's first day off school (he starts year 5 this year) ... where has the time gone??
>
2. His first day at school photos were originally used for my first ever LO done at a CM workshop ... oh dear, what a shocker!
Thank goodness I discovered a different scrapbooking style very quickly and thank goodness I had duplicate photos 'cause the other ones were cut into ovals etc .... Arghhh!
I don't have anything against CM, it is just that i don't find their style appealing.
I had 'that' layout sitting aside with every intention of pulling it apart one day and re-doing it (i probably wouldn't have worried only that it is
such an important event).
So ... the 'First' theme challenge was the ideal motivation!

Regarding the poem ... I could make up some wonderful story about my underlying poetry talent ... but ... I'd be lying! A quick and easy search on Google for "first day at school poem" led me to this! How Cute!

Well, that's all for now ...
might even be back for another visit and more LO's later.

Back to the scrapping!

Have a great weekend and a belated "Happy Aust Day" for yesterday!

Cheers.
JULIE x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

I haven't even done my daughters first day at school yet and the youngest one starts on wednesday.
a great layout.
Michelle

GO TO SCRAPBOOK BLOSSOMS