Friday, November 17, 2006

PEEPING TOM

Finally i can upload some more pics; however, just uploading this lot took about 15mins. I don't know whethter it is my computer of Blogger but it is such a pain!
This is the Bendigo trams I mentiond in my last blog. They are so beautifully restored and the tram museum which we were taken to as part of our trip had all different shapes & sizes and many old trams that were still being restored ... apparantly some of them are quite sought after and expsensive heritage items!

Anyway, i am trying to finish off the last leg of our trip and share some of my pics before i bore
you all to death! I've started scrapp'n some of my pics and will share them with you later on.

A bit of a plug here ... My sister Karen has just started a mobile & online scrapbooking business, Scrapbook'n'Bits and she has asked me to do some layouts with some of the beautiful papers she has in stock so she can use them for displays. This will keep me out of mischief for a few days! Anyhow, the website is just having the finishing touches programmed and will be up and running in December. Be sure to have a look ... lots of beautiful things and some great crop days coming up!!


Now for the PEEPING TOM!
the next part of our journey took us up to Euchuca ... a quaint little town set on the Murray River. We went for a walk along the port where there are lots of lovely little shops etc. and came across The Old Time Penny Arcade! What an incredible old place. As part of your entry fee, we were given some pennies to
operate the old machines which were games, challenges etc. (i guess equivalent to today's modern games arcades) ... and ... they also had the old Peeping Tom Machines. What a crack-up! Of Course, my DH couldn't help himself ...!! They were like an old flick show with pictures of ladies showing their boobies and lacey knickers ... woo hoo! I suppose in their day they were thought to be very sexy! My husband was amazed that even in the olden days there was provocative things such as these ... he must think sex was an invention of the modern day era !?#@!! Anyway, Blake & I played old fashioned soccer games, guess the weight etc. etc. All in all, a lot of fun. When all of our pennies had run out we spent some time in the old theatre and watched a Laurel & Hardy movie ... very cute!
Well, another busy weekend coming up ... the Christmas parties have started already (tommorrow night we are double booked!). I do love Christmas but it can get a bit hectic ... no wonder they call in 'The Silly Season'.
Until next time,
Keep Smiling!
JULIE x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your pictures...thanks for adding them...

Cherie said...

Love reading your about your adventures Julie.

I love the trams in Bendigo too (i live only an hour from Bendigo and about 1 and a half from Echuca)

Take care and enjoy your christmas party

Cherie

GO TO SCRAPBOOK BLOSSOMS