Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time gets away ...

I had intended to return and post about my birthday, but as usual, got sidetracked and it's taken me a week to get back here (besides playing last night and changing the design).

Well .... i had a lovely day ...

The day started with happy birthday hugs & kisses from my boys (DH & DS) and receiving my present (which is the first time in i don't know how long that it wasn't a present that i had arranged or given specific instruction for - cause i'm so fussy according to DH - and as much as i hate to admit it he just might be right LOL!).

When i unwrapped it i was a little suprised (and worried) to find a box from the jewellers .... suprised that i was getting a jewellry gift, suprised 'cause i didn't think they'd go out on a limb to choose jewellry for me' ..... worried at what might be in the box ?? LOL!! Don't get me wrong .... i don't want to sound ungrateful ... but ... you know what i mean??!

Anyway .... much to my absolute suprise and i think my response was "WOW" ... wow that i loved it and wow that they had such good taste to choose something that i like so much .... this is what was in the box ...



The pendant is an egyptian stone with a gold swirly casing around the outside (that about my best effort of describing it!! LOL!) .... anyway, i really love it !

Furthermore, i went out to lunch with DH, then out to tea with about 20 friends. I received lots of beautiful gifts .... chocolates, beautiful bath products, books, beads, Kikki K stationery, pewter & bling angel book mark/clip with matching key ring, scratchies, a large raffia urn pot thingy (from Mum & Dad) that i had been wanting, and a few other bits & pieces. I felt very spoilt.

Two weeks to go and there will be another birthday in our house ... Blake is turning 12!
Then two weeks after that is Mark's birthday ... he is turning ??? (better not share that one !! LOL!).

On the scrapping front i have been very busy but nohting i can share yet.

If you are looking for some scrapping fun, tommorrow night you can join us for this:



GROVVIN' IN THE LOVE SHACK CYBERCOP
hosted by SnB DT Member JOLENE PIENAAR
for all the details, click HERE

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Keep smiling :O)

6 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

ooooohh your pendant sounds gorgeous Julie...well done for DH & DS to pick something so special & that you love!

Linda Eggleton said...

oops, forgot to say....love the new look of your blog...very noice!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look blog!

Gorgeous pressie!

Her Essential Hand said...

I am so glad I am not the only that side tracks when blogging!!! lol
Love that pendant, very nice and great choice by your boys!!
BTW thanks for the beautiful comment on my blog too!!
See you the 'love shack' tonight lol
Felicity x

Carol said...

Your blog looks fantastic - I must learn how to do mine up a bit. And the pendant is gorgeous, you are very lucky.

Leeanne O'C said...

Happy Birthday Julie, Glad to see you and hear you were spoiled. You deserve it.

cheers

leeanne

GO TO SCRAPBOOK BLOSSOMS